Most everyone has heard of a retaining wall being made with either timbers or block material and most of the time, the question of “why?” comes up when discussing which one to choose.
- Cheaper- timber walls are less expensive than block walls
- Easy installation- timbers are easy to install for both landscapers and the DIY homeowner
- Looks- timbers are simple, look great, and are the “old reliable” for landscapers and homeowners
- Wood rot- though timber walls are said to last 15 to 20 years, many don’t seem to last that long
- Strength- timber walls are great for smaller walls. Also over time, soil and timbers may soften and start pushing out.
RETAINING WALL BLOCK
- Versatile- you can create a unique look with curves, columns, corners, etc.
- Strength- one of the strongest, long lasting materials that can last for years
- Beauty- because of its versatility, every wall can be different and unique to you and your yard
- Money- blocks are more expensive than timbers, but they last 2x as long if not for a lifetime
- Install- though we have had many homeowners install their own retaining walls, they may be a little difficult, but we can help you find a contractor that’s perfect for you!